Your entrance is the first thing people see when they come by, so why not make your home stand out from the rest? Although painting your entire exterior would be a big to-do, giving just your door a new look is a doable DIY -- and it packs a lot of punch. We've chosen six paint colors for front doors that will give your house some major curb appeal.
1. Red: You can't go wrong with a classic fire engine shade, and this bold hue looks great with homes clad in white, blue and grey. Try it in a high-gloss finish, like this one below, to make it extra eye-catching.
2. Indigo: We especially love how this color will change shades and look totally different from morning to night. It's dramatic and dark, but also crisp paired with bright white trim.
3. Orange: Go bold or go home. Nothing makes a statement quite like orange, and this not-to-be-missed hue will draw people right inside. We especially love it on a dark charcoal backdrop, which makes the color really vibrate.
4. Black: While you may argue that this is the opposite of a stand-out color, a freshly-painted black door commands attention and looks great with just about every exterior and style.
5. Lime Green: We have to look twice when we pass homes with an entrance painted in this show-stopper. While we know it won't work for every abode, it looks especially smashing with brown, grey or a raisin-colored exterior.
6. Yellow: For an unexpected pop that can rejuvenate the most tired-looking facade, go for a bright marigold. If you ask us, there's no other color that will make you happier after getting home from a long day.
Click through our slideshow of pretty front doors. And, if you're still on the fence about which color to go for, take a walk around your neighborhood for some local inspiration.
Do you have a home story idea or tip? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (PR pitches sent to this address will be ignored.)