Children’s books can play a powerful role in helping kids navigate life’s challenges. This is certainly true for the COVID-19 pandemic.
In addition to new books specifically about the coronavirus, there are also a number of pre-2020 books about illness, uncertainty, loss and mindfulness that are particularly relevant today.
Below, we’ve rounded up 17 books that help kids understand various aspects of life during COVID-19. Keep scrolling for a selection of books published before and during the pandemic on topics ranging from hand-washing and germs to anxiety and grief to long-distance friendship.
- What should you still be disinfecting to prevent COVID-19?
- Is it possible you had coronavirus earlier this year?
- How can you manage your anxiety as coronavirus restrictions lift?
- Here’s the latest on how long COVID-19 antibodies last.
- How will COVID-19 change your office?
- Laid off and lost your health insurance? You have options.
- Everything you need to know about face masks right now.
- Find all our coronavirus coverage here.