We'd been digging the fuchsia-purple hue, officially known as Radiant Orchid, long before it was announced as Pantone's color of 2014. Taking a cue from celebrities like Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o and Rachel Bilson, we've sported the color on our eyes, lips and nails.
But if you're worried about looking like Barney in the vibrant shade, we've found seven ways to wear it without channeling the fun-loving fictional dinosaur.
Art by Raydene Salinas
1. Lancôme Vernis In Love Violet Coquette Nail Polish. Inspired by the brand's bold lipstick of the same name, this intense pastel nail color looks stunning against light and dark complexions. ($15, NeimanMarcus.com)
2. Illamasqua ASOS Exclusive Intense Lipgloss Boost & Lipstick Liv Duo. This lip set offers the best of both worlds, as you can wear the soft orchid lipstick on its own or magnify its intensity by swiping the highly pigmented gloss on top. ($40, Asos.com)
3. Laura Mercier Petite Baked Eye Colour Bonbons Multi-Finish in Amethyst Trio. Whether you use these eyeshadows wet or dry, you can create a mesmerizing purple smokey eye look by smoothing the lighter shades onto your lids and using the darker shade as a liner. ($25, LauraMercier.com)
4. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Matte Lip Tar in Hoochie. This long-wearing matte lippie happens to be in this writer's current beauty rotation. If you're thinking about giving it a go, be sure to brush on to moisturized lips, or else any signs of dryness will poke through. ($18, Sephora.com)
5. Jin Soon French Lilac Nail Polish. Not only does this nail lacquer deliver a gel-like finish that doesn't chip away, the plum shade can be worn year-round. ($18, Barneys.com)
6. Elizabeth Arden New York in Bloom Purple Nail Lacquer Duo. Seal in this beautiful purple nail polish with the accompanying clear top coat for a spring-ready manicure with intense shine. ($19, ElizabethArden.com)
7. NARS Marie-Galante Duo Eyeshadow. This iridescent orchid and regal blue eyeshadow set screams Saturday night out with your girlfriends. The tiny flecks of shimmer are sure to stand out under the club's flashing lights. ($34, Sephora.com)
Want more HuffPost Style beauty content? Check us out on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram. (For everything else check out our main HuffPost Style Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram @HuffPostStyle.)
Do you have a beauty story idea or tip? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (PR pitches sent to this address will be ignored.)