Photographer Benjamin Filarski captured the above image in Paris on Sunday night after noticing a surprising display of emotion.
"I saw two policemen holding each other. They moved to the side for a moment, and one of them just lost it," the photographer told HuffPost France.
He took the photo around 9 p.m. in front À la Bonne Bière, a bar in the 11th arrondissement that was attacked Friday night.
The photo, which Filarski posted on Twitter and Facebook, had already been shared thousands of times by Monday. "An image that says so much...it's so touching...it brings tears to my eyes...thank you to these policemen...they are our guardian angels..." one person commented.
See more of Filarski's photos from the attacks here.
This post originally appeared on HuffPost France and has been translated into English.
Read More Paris Coverage
- A Message Of Support For Muslims After Paris Attacks Is Lighting Up The Internet
- Syrians In Paris Look For Ways To Help
- Thousands Use #MuslimsAreNotTerrorist To Combat Islamophobia
- 10 Quotes That Summarize The Horror And Complexity Of Paris
- 20 People Found Refuge In A Famous Paris Bookstore During Attacks
- Parisians Show Solidarity And Strength From Paris To New York
- PHOTOS: World Reacts In Solidarity With Paris
- Colbert Chokes Up Talking About Attacks
- Army Football Team Brings French Flag Onto Field At West Point
- Stadium Attack Survivor Says Phone Saved His Life
- Read French Coverage At HuffPost France
Also on HuffPost: