Watch video recipe:
1kg of Broccoli
30gr of Ricotta cheese
Extra virgin olive oil (Evoo)
Grated Pecorino cheese
Large deep round fry pan
Large deep pot
1 x sieve
1. Add approx. 5litres of water to your pot and put it on the stove at a medium-high temperature.
2. Cut the broccoli into small pieces.
3. Once the water has boiled, throw in some rock salt and mix it through. Now, add the broccoli. After a couple of minutes add thepasta as well and cook it to the instructions on the packet (this is best served al dente). Cook the spaghetti and broccoli together.
4. In a salad bowl add the ricotta and boiling water. Add a little boiling water at the time and mix well. Keep doing this until you get a nice smooth cream.
5. Once the pasta has finished cooking, strain the pasta and the broccoli and add them to a saucepan - adding a little boiled water as you go.
6. Add some extra virgin olive oil, the ricotta cream (keep some to decorate the plate) and mix this together really well using a set of tongs and then swirl and toss the pasta around so that all of the ingredients which are at the bottom.
7. Serve the pasta broccoli in a nice plate and finish the dish by adding the ricotta cream on top.
How to serve: Add the pasta broccoli to your desired serving plate and then grate a generous serve of pecorino cheese over the top along with an added drizzle of Evoo to tantalise your tastebuds!
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo's Plate...Enjoy!
More Recipes made with Broccoli: