The Chiefs, who play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the Super Bowl on Sunday, had to isolate two players this week after they got a haircut from a barber who tested positive at the team’s facility while about 20 other players waited their turn. One of those in line was superstar quarterback Patrick Mahomes.
One of the quarantined players, center Daniel Kilgore, was reportedly cut off in mid-haircut following the test result and the barber was rushed out of the facility.
Kilgore, who actually did finish his haircut, poked fun at the incident in a Twitter photo. Kimmel said he looked like a “broken Chia Pet.”
But here’s the weird part. Mahomes read a mean tweet on Kimmel’s show more than a year ago about a barber getting halfway through a haircut and then running out.
“I imagine Patrick Mahomes’ barber is a super hero. Who has to run out and save the world every time he gets half way through Mahomes hair cut,” went the tweet that Mahomes read.
Not exactly what happened, but still kinda eerie.
“Life imitates art again, huh,” Kimmel said.
A HuffPost Guide To Coronavirus
- Is it safe to see people who have gotten the coronavirus vaccine?
- What it means if your partner tests positive for COVID-19 but you don’t.
- How worried should you be about the new strains of coronavirus?
- The unexpected challenges of co-parenting during a pandemic.
- 19 things we took for granted pre-pandemic but now miss.
- Find all that and more on our coronavirus hub page.
As COVID-19 cases rise, it’s more important than ever to remain connected and informed. Join the HuffPost community today. (It’s free!)