Location: New York, NY
Position Type: Full Time
About the Role:
The Huffington Post is seeking a Personal Stories Editor to help recruit, package and promote excellent personal stories across its Gay Voices, Black Voices, Latino Voices, and Religion verticals.
- Selecting standout blog posts, submitted to the site, for feature treatment
- Working with bloggers to polish and package their work for optimal impact (specifically: copy editing, writing headlines and adding images)
- Recruiting outstanding bloggers from around the web -- and in person, at conferences and events
- Pitching and developing thematic series for the relevant verticals
- Working with our multimedia team to develop innovative ways of presenting personal stories
- Working with publishers and publicists to feature excerpts and other content from new books on the site
- 1-5 years editing for a website
- Strong copy editing skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Talent for writing clicky headlines, and instinct for compelling artwork/illustration
- Strong communication skills
- Respect for sensitive and deeply personal subject matter
- Independent thinking and (important!) a sense of humor
- A willingness to fall down the “rabbit hole” on every platform where writers share their work -- from Wordpress to Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, and beyond
Interested? Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "Personal Stories Editor" in the subject line.
Huffington Post Media Group is an AOL company. AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 214 million unique visitors per month (comScore, global multiplatform, January 2015). The site has almost 100,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects about which they are most passionate. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, Maghreb, Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Greece, India and the Arabic world. The Huffington Post is part of AOL Inc.