Trick-or-treaters in Quebec got more trick than a treat when they accidentally received bipolar meds instead of candy.
A Quebec City pharmacy unknowingly passed out the antipsychotic pills to kids after a customer dropped her 17-year-0ld son's prescription on the way out of the store, according to the NY Post.
The medication was quetiapine and divalproex, which are used to treat schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and other psychological illnesses. Another customer picked up the fallen meds and left it on the counter, just a bit too close to the candy bin.
"So, unfortunately, we don't know how, an employee just mixed it with the candy by accident and distributed it to the kids," Const. Melissa Cliche told CBC News.
The seven individually wrapped pills were mixed in with the rest of the candy and given out to trick-or-treaters throughout the day.
Police said that ingesting the pills isn't dangerous, even though side effects include nausea, tremors and suicidal thoughts, according to the Daily Star.
Luckily, all of the medication was found before any of the children ate it.
Also on Huffington Post: