“Isolation and this is only week six!” the actor ― who starred in four 007 films, including “Die Another Day” ― wrote Thursday in the caption for his snap.
It’s unclear exactly when Brosnan took the picture, or whether it involved makeup or real facial hair cultivated during the pandemic.
It prompted much debate among fans, however, with some suggesting Brosnan was channeling Daniel Defoe’s fictional character Robinson Crusoe, who he portrayed in the 1997 movie of the same name.
Others were reminded of Tom Hanks’ turn in “Cast Away.”
Brosnan was last photographed in public at The Prince’s Trust Awards in London, where he looked, well, a little different:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- What happens if we end social distancing too soon?
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How long are asymptomatic carriers contagious?
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Everything you need to know about coronavirus and grief
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.