Imae credit: Ulf Svane
Recipe courtesy of Sweet Paul Magazine
These blondies ooze with white chocolate and have an interesting twist of zesty lemon and salty pistachios. You can add fresh raspberries or blueberries if you like.
7.05 oz salted butter
7.05 oz white chocolate, chopped (preferably Ivoire 35% from Valrhona)
6.1 oz sugar
4.4 oz. flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3.5 oz pistachios, salted, roughly chopped
1 organic lemon, zest only
1. Preheat oven to 356°F.
2. Melt the butter in a casserole.
3. Melt the white chocolate over a bain-marie.
4. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, flour, and salt until light and fluffy.
5. Fold the melted butter and chocolate into the batter.
6. Add the pistachios and lemon zest, pour the blondie batter into a 9x9” baking tin, and bake the blondie cake for 30–35 minutes.
Bake the blondies the day before serving to let the cake set and get the right consistency.