Pitbull has released a new song aimed at raising money for and awareness of relief efforts around the globe combatting the coronavirus pandemic.
He’s calling “I Believe That We Will Win” a “world anthem.”
“You know what spreads faster than any virus? Is fear / And when it comes to fear, you can either forget everything and run, or you can face everything and rise / Let me tell you what I believe / I believe we will face everything and rise,” the 39-year-old raps in the lyrics.
The refrain in the chorus is an emphatic, “I believe that we will win!”
Last month, the self-proclaimed Mr. Worldwide announced he’d be releasing a song with proceeds going to “various charities around the world.” Additionally, he implored “students, medical workers, first responders, parents, grandparents” and others to submit a video of themselves singing the lyrics and doing specific choreography.
More than 1.8 million cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, have been confirmed around the world. More than 115,000 people have died from the virus, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How long are asymptomatic carriers contagious?
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Can someone outside of your household quarantine with you now?
- Everything you need to know about coronavirus and grief
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.