Pot Brownies At Funeral Cause Seniors To Be Hospitalized

Seniors Hospitalized After Accidentally Ingesting Pot Brownies At Funeral

Three senior citizens had to be hospitalized Saturday after being served brownies they didn't realized were laced with marijuana.

The victims, who are all in their 70s and 80s, were attending a funeral in Huntington Beach, Calif. During the service, they each tried the pot brownies, which were passed around on a tray according to KTLA.com.

Soon after, the trio were admitted to a local hospital after complaining of "nausea, dizziness, and inability to stand unassisted."

A police investigation revealed that the tray of ganja goodies had been brought as a tribute to the deceased who, according to the investigators, had used medical marijuana.

All three victims are going to be OK, but officials tell the Orange County Register the case is just one of two recent incidents involving medical marijuana that show its negative impact on the community.

On Friday, two medical marijuana dealers who were making deliveries were robbed at gunpoint and had $1,500 worth of pot stolen from them as well as two cellphones and their keys.

The victims told police they were delivering to potential patients who said they lived in a nearby home.

Popular in the Community