You may not be able to remember the exact moment when you got hooked on ChapStick, but if you're anything like the HuffPost Style editors, life hasn't been the same since.
The tiny tubes have taken over any space that's left in our handbags and on our nightstands. However, we still find ourselves tossing them right into our shopping cart on late-night drugstore runs.
1. Maybelline Baby Lips. The bright and funky-colored packaging makes it hard to misplace this shea butter and aloe-infused lip balm. While there are an assortment of flavors, we're partial to the fresh lemon scent of Quenched. ($3, Target.com)
2. MAC Cosmetics Lip Conditioner. We've spied this tucked inside many makeup artists' kits. The unisex style tube has a slanted applicator that makes getting into the corners of your mouth super easy. Plus, it can be worn on top of your lipstick for an extra glossy and hydrating finish. ($15, MACCosmetics.com)
3. Supergoop! Acai Fusion Lip Balm SPF30+. This summertime staple will actually give you year-round protection from harsh winter elements and wrinkle-causing UV rays. Its paraben and fragrance-free formula is an added bonus. ($9, Nordstrom.com)
4. EOS Lip Balm. A Parsons student we recently met reminded us of this amazing lip product. While the sphere-shaped lip balm isn't exactly jean pocket-friendly, it won't fail you when you need to re-up on hydration thanks to vitamin E and jojoba oil. ($3, Walgreens.com)
5. Smith's Rosebud Salve. You've probably seen this navy tin near the checkout counter at Sephora or Urban Outfitters. And it's certainly earned the prime real estate for its multiple uses, including healing dry lips, hands and elbows and soothing burns and rashes. ($6, Sephora.com)
6. Clark's Botanicals Ultra Rich Lip Balm. A little goes a long way with this lip balm, so there's no need to keep reapplying throughout the day. Inside this hunter green tube are hydrating ingredients such as coconut oil, avocado oil and shea butter, as well as sweet vanilla and jasmine extracts. ($19, BigelowChemists.com)
7. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. The Honey version of this luxe lip balm is intoxicating, but what's even better is how soft and full our lips are after just one swipe. Kudos to the pucker-plumping black currant oil! ($23, Fresh.com)
8. Yes to Carrots Color Lip Balm. Gummi Peach Ring candy lovers will go gaga over this subtly tinted lip balm in Peachy Keen. But beyond the sugary smell lie ultra-moisturizing sunflower seed oil and cocoa seed butter. ($6, Drugstore.com)
9. Kiehl's Lip Balm #1. Another guy-friendly option that's great at providing instant relief from dryness, especially when you're 10 seconds away from going in for that goodnight kiss. ($7, Kiehls.com)
10. Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm. Supple and smooth lips come easy with this cult classic, which contains beeswax, vitamin E and peppermint oil. ($3, Drugstore.com)
11. Korres Lip Butter. This guava-flavored lip balm melts into dry skin immediately to restore the condition of your lips with a blend of vitamin C, B-complex vitamins and essential oils. ($12, Sephora.com)
While you're at it, lock in moisture from head to toe with these body butters:
The Best Body Butters
Want more HuffPost Style beauty content? Check us out on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram. (For everything else check out our main HuffPost Style Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram @HuffPostStyle.)---Do you have a beauty story idea or tip? Email us at email@example.com. (PR pitches sent to this address will be ignored.)