All over the world, people are sheltering in place due to the spread of the coronavirus. As a result, many people are seeing their true (hair) colors shining through, and for others it’s growing to great lengths.
While many stylists strongly advise against giving ourselves haircuts, some people are just not willing to let nature run its course. Their options are limited: Cut your own hair, have whomever you’re quarantined with cut your hair or, well, that’s pretty much it.
And those are both risky choices in their own ways:
The risky activity has even inspired its own Instagram account, aptly named Corona Cuts, which chronicles and features user-haircuts. The results, as you can probably imagine, are all over the map. Some are good, some are bad, some are worse. But we have to give these people props for taking matters into their own hands, quite literally.
After all, it’s just hair, right?
Below, 18 brave souls don their DIY ’dos:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- What happens if we end social distancing too soon?
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How long are asymptomatic carriers contagious?
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Everything you need to know about coronavirus and grief
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
- Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.