Watch the video above as Dr. Phil reveals the seven reasons diets fail, and why his 20/20 Diet could help Heather, a mom who tragically lost her mother and one of her daughters within months of each other, succeed in a return to health.
The Top Seven "Ugly Truths" About Dieting
1. Hunger: You get tired of feeling hungry all the time. So you rebel.
2. Cravings: You consistently crave certain tastes like salty, sweet, or tart. So you rebel.
3. Feelings of restriction: You feel like you can't eat out, go anywhere or do anything, because you're on a diet. Plus, you're so panicked about what you can and can't eat and when you should or shouldn't eat it that your focus on food becomes all-consuming. So you rebel.
4. Impracticality and expense: Between your job, the kids, stress, and life -- you feel like you just can't get it all done and stick to a diet, especially one that's too complicated, expensive and requires you to count calories or nutritional values. So you rebel.
5. Boredom: You get sick of eating the same foods day in and day out. So you rebel.
6. Temptations: Because your environment isn't fail-safe, you are overwhelmed by your desire for the tempting food all around you. So you rebel.
7. Inconsistent results and plateaus: You get discouraged because the weight loss is not consistent. Or, you lose weight but then your progress comes to a screeching halt. So you rebel.
Dr. Phil explains that he wouldn't release a new diet book until he could offer solutions to these seven problems, until he had a plan that would not be sabotaged by these seven flaws that have caused many others to fail to reach their weight loss goals. That's exactly what The 20/20 Diet: 20 Key Foods To Help You Succeed Where Other Diets Fail is designed to do. Find out more about The 20/20 Diet here.
Also on HuffPost: