Updated December 2, 2013: 12 p.m. EST.
Whether it's lamenting about loans or long lines, some of us love to complain like it's our job. (Especially if you don't have one) Enough already! This holiday season, let's ditch our gripes for gratefulness. We'd like to offer you some perspective for all your problems -- as well as ways you can actually help.
1. Woe is me: You really deserve to be paid more for your advanced skills and your unique liberal arts degree.
Reality check: Be thankful you're not one of the 2.4 billion people living on less than $2 a day. This covers their food, housing and all those needs. You can gain some perspective on the issue and then learn about what you can do to help at the Global Poverty Project.
2. Woe is me: Your utility bills are so high! Which roommate left the lights and heat on?
Reality check: Be thankful you're not one of the 1.3 billion people who lack access to electricity. Learn more about the issue of energy poverty, and then find out how you can help at Sustainable Energy For All.
3. Woe is me: The Internet is too slow and you can't upload your sandwich to Instagram right this minute!
Reality check: Be thankful that you don't live in one of the 58.7 percent of households across the globe without Internet access. Find out more about the issue at Broadband Commission For Digital Development.
4. Woe is me: Your student loans are overwhelming you.
Reality check: Be thankful you're not one of the 122 million young people worldwide who can't read. The implications involved in lack of access to education are far-reaching and include issues such as poverty and gender inequality. Learn how you can make a difference at the Malala Fund.
5. Woe is me: You still live at home.
Reality check: Be thankful you're not one of the 2.5 billion people who don't have access to a toilet or sanitation. This reality for much of the developing world causes disease and death. See how you can help at Water.org.
6. Woe is me: There's an insufferable line at Trader Joe's.
7. Woe is me: You can't buy all the hot fall fashions.