Want to relieve stress? Great -- Start Today!
Step #1: Prepare and Become Aware
- Recognize and acknowledge you are feeling stressed.
- Distinguish between overt stress and that which is subconscious.
- Look for signs like worrying, excessive concern, free floating anxiety, generalized dissatisfaction -- the list is almost endless.
Most of us feel stressed but often don't realize how greatly it affects us. You've just begun a journey towards self-awareness. This insight will guide you to a more peaceful and centered life.
Bottom Line: When you identify an aspect of your life needing change, it becomes much easier to address and ameliorate.
There's an old saying "to thine own self be true." Shakespeare readers will recognize it as part of a longer quote uttered by Polonious in Hamlet.
These prophetic words written over four hundred years ago are more relevant than ever today.
Step #2: Embrace Your Individuality
- Be true to yourself, values and ideals.
- Live your life authentically.
- Don't worry what others say or think.
Bottom line -- Live your life authentically and you'll begin to feel an inner-peace and a distinct lack of concern for the opinions of others.
Keep Reading -- Just 198 Words Left To Reducing Stress:)
Step #3: Explore, Evaluate & Emancipate
- Engage in mindful awareness.
- Stop what you are doing 4 times a day.
- Feel exactly what's going on inside your head -- your thoughts, emotions, what you're experiencing at the moment.
- If you're feeling great, what's contributing to this?
- Not so hot -- what are the causes?
Take Step #3 a bit further. Keep a 'state of mind' journal for one week.
Record what is and isn't working well for you. Look for patterns. Once you recognize them you are on the path to creating a more relaxing and peaceful life.
Bottom line -- You are in control. Take charge!
The majority of daily stress and worry can be dramatically reduced.
It requires desire, willingness and resolve. Use all the data you've gleaned from the steps above. Now create your personal blueprint for eliminating stress.
Become the best YOU that you can be. It feels great and frees the soul!
Enjoy life, keep a great sense of humor and have fun!
Dave Kanegis is a Certified Professional Coach and works via telephone, Skype, FaceTime and in-person. He provides concierge coaching in NYC and Palm Beach.
Read Dave's other HP articles. You'll find Mind Acrobatics™ exercises designed to help you transform your life.
Contact Dave at: firstname.lastname@example.org