Story by Tracy Baim, courtesy of the Windy City Times:
The Chicago Park District held a dedication ceremony for the relocated city tribute to social reformer and Nobel Peace Prize-winner Jane Addams (1860-1935) Sept. 24. The Jane Addams Tribute Sculpture Garden, "Helping Hands," by Louis Bourgeois (1911-2010) was originally dedicated in 1996 and displayed along the lakefront near Navy Pier. But it was a target of vandalism and harsh weather and was put into storage.
The Chicago Park District team completed the relocation of the group of sculptures June 24, 2011 to the Chicago Women's Park and gardens, on Prairie Avenue just south of 18th Street.