Two Reporters Hospitalized After Eating Super Spicy Burger

Two British journalists recently tried a burger spicier than pepper spray — and they suffered the consequences.

Arron Hendy and Ruari Barratt work for The Argus in Brighton, and taste tested the XXX Burger from Burger Off in Hove, England. The burger sent both journalists to the hospital with stomach pains and other severe symptoms.

"Mr Barratt took a bite and minutes later suffered severe stomach pains which increased," the Argus reported. "He lost the feeling in his hands, his legs were shaking and his eyes rolled back in his head."

He went to the hospital, where Hendy joined him hours later. “I was in so much pain I was telling people I felt like I was dying," Hendy said.

He added this tip for anyone who is thinking of trying the XXX Burger: "just don’t.”

The burger put five other people in the hospital as of March. Burger Off, which requires customers to sign a waiver when they order the burger, tweeted Wednesday: