“The Late Show With Stephen Colbert” shredded Republicans’ unanimous opposition to the COVID-19 relief package passed by the Democrats this week with a hilarious takedown of all the “overwhelmingly popular things” that GOP lawmakers just don’t like.
It included puppies, choirs, cats, toddlers in cowboy hats, a warm blanket right out of the dryer — and of course, COVID-19 relief.
What do they like? Big tax cuts for the wealthiest 1% of the nation, of course.
Check it out in the video clip above.
A HuffPost Guide To Coronavirus
- Is it safe to see people who have gotten the coronavirus vaccine?
- What it means if your partner tests positive for COVID-19 but you don’t.
- How worried should you be about the new strains of coronavirus?
- The unexpected challenges of co-parenting during a pandemic.
- 19 things we took for granted pre-pandemic but now miss.
- Find all that and more on our coronavirus hub page.
As COVID-19 cases rise, it’s more important than ever to remain connected and informed. Join the HuffPost community today. (It’s free!)