Ryan Lochte took to Instagram on Wednesday to assure the public he’s doing all right after protesters rushed the “Dancing with the Stars” stage following his performance earlier this week.
“I want to thank my family, girlfriend, friends and fans for being so supportive of me after the incident on Dancing with the Stars Monday night,” Lochte said via a note on Instagram.
“When I was asked to do the show, the one thing that I kept hearing was that it was like joining a big family,” the swimmer wrote, adding that he appreciated the support from the “DWTS” cast, crew and his partner, Cheryl Burke. “I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of the show, and more than ever, I am dedicated to my new family and to working hard to do my best.”
Never one to post without using the appropriate hashtags, Lochte signed off his post with #DWTS, #family and #dancingwiththestars.
The statement comes just a day after the protesters, identified as Sam Sotoodeh and Barzeen Soroudi, were released from jail. The two addressed the media shortly after their release and explained why they attempted to attack Lochte.
“I want the world to know, I want America to know, that we don’t take what he did lightly,” Soroudi said. “He embarrassed Americans on the world’s stage and this was our form of protesting.”
It seems Lochte is doing OK after the incident. As a wise man once said the swimmer once wrote on Instagram, “’Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.’”
Keep riding, Ryan. #rayban