The “Borat” actor mocked rock star Bono, actor Tom Cruise, rapper Kanye West and Donald Trump Jr. in a spoof bit in which he was busted for selling COVID-19 vaccines live on the air.
Baron Cohen’s wife, Isla Fisher, made a wild cameo.
The segment ended with a police raid, a car chase and a crash — all as Baron Cohen repeatedly condemned “those using power to get ahead.”
Watch the video here:
Earlier in the interview, Baron Cohen revealed Kimmel’s inadvertent role in the resurrection of his Kazakh journalist character for “Borat Subsequent Moviefilm,” which was released in October. Baron Cohen won a Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Musical or Comedy for the movie.
Baron Cohen recalled how, after jumping back into the role for a video on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” ahead of the 2018 midterm elections, he suddenly realized it wouldn’t be impossible to play Borat for a sequel to the original film.
He asked people in the writer’s room for another movie he was working on if they thought there was a new “Borat” film “we could get out in time for the election.”
“About 15 minutes later we had an idea, three days later we’d set it up at a studio,” he told Kimmel.
“Wow, that is unbelievable,” Kimmel responded.
“So, I thank you, but you’re not going to get a cut,” Baron Cohen jokingly replied.
Watch that part of the interview here:
A HuffPost Guide To Coronavirus
- Is it safe to see people who have gotten the coronavirus vaccine?
- What it means if your partner tests positive for COVID-19 but you don’t.
- How worried should you be about the new strains of coronavirus?
- The unexpected challenges of co-parenting during a pandemic.
- 19 things we took for granted pre-pandemic but now miss.
- Find all that and more on our coronavirus hub page.
As COVID-19 cases rise, it’s more important than ever to remain connected and informed. Join the HuffPost community today. (It’s free!)