Every cloud has a silver lining.
After losing at Rio 2016, Australian badminton player Sawan Serasinghe ditched his healthy diet to devour a ridiculously large McDonald’s meal. The 22-year-old posted a snap of what appeared to be a 6,000-calorie junk food binge on Facebook Saturday, and the photograph went viral.
“Have to say I am disappointed about the match today,” said Serasinghe, referring to his men’s doubles loss with teammate Matthew Chau to Chinese Taipei in the preliminary round.
“Now it’s time to eat some junk food after months of eating clean!” he added.
The photograph showed six burgers, six portions of large fries, six brownies and 40 chicken nuggets. “I would say I ate 90 percent of it,” Serasinghe told The Huffington Post Tuesday.
Asked how he felt after consuming so much of the feast, which he obtained for free in the Olympic Village, he said he “felt fine afterwards.”
For more Olympics coverage:
- 11 Weird Sports That Were Actually In The Olympics
- Irish Rowers Deserve Gold For Funniest TV Interview At Rio 2016
- Newspaper Covers Simone Manuel’s Historic Gold In Olympically Offensive Way
- The Media Are Saying And Doing A Bunch Of Sexist Stuff This Olympics
- Freaky Diving Video Is The Greatest GIF From Rio 2016 So Far
- Michael Phelps’ Death Stare Is Now A Seriously Intimidating Tattoo