While the actual state governor has endured somewhat of a roller coaster working relationship with Donald Trump, Meyers’ version pulled no punches with his critique of the president during a spoof coronavirus briefing.
“They say coronavirus particles can spread up to 6 feet but when the president talks, his bullshit particles make it all the way to California,” Meyers said as Newsom. He also slammed the “chowderheads” protesting stay-at-home orders and Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), the Trump ally he described as a “fuck nugget.”
Check out the clip here:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- What happens if we end social distancing too soon?
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- Will there be a second stimulus check?
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Why it takes so long to make a coronavirus vaccine
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.