Have you recently found your mind might turn to that question we often ask ourselves -- just where is my career taking me?
Is it time for you to get your career back on track?
Here are seven signs that you can identify your career has stalled and actions you can take to over come them:
1. You are undertaking similar accountabilities as you were 3 years ago
2. You have not invested in developing your skills in the last 12 months
3. You are unclear about your career goals and where you would like to be 3 years from now
4. Your CV or resume was last updated more than 18 months ago
5. You find it challenging to come into work on a Monday morning - in fact you almost dread it
6. You can not recall when a recruitment agency or executive recruiter contacted you
7. The most attractive assignments and projects at work always seem to go to someone else.
If you don't see yourself in these statements - great - your career is on track.
If you say a resounding yes to between 1-3 of the statements then your career is in neutral but that is fine - you can take action using the tips below.
If you say a resounding yes to 5 or more of these statements then your career has stalled.
Take action today to get your career back on track perhaps by reading a career management book from your local library or working with a personal branding coach who can guide you to greater professional and personal success.