There's so much stress and pressure on parents and kids today, we forget our sense of humor. We need to have fun time with our kids so they become resilient, enjoyable, and find time with us as pleasant, loving people who are great to spend time with.
10 Tips on Sharing Humor with Your Kids
1. Tell "dad jokes"
2. Tell "mom jokes"
3. Leave funny notes in their lunchboxes
4. Send funny texts during the day
5. Share funny youtubes
6. Send funny emails now and then
7. Turn something that feels excessively worrisome into something with better perspective that you can then even have a laugh about
8. Find humor in mishaps and mistakes
9. Laugh at yourself when you do something ridiculous
10. Depending on the age of your child, chase around the house and play hide and seek.
Once you and your kids get the hang of it, a good sense of humor becomes part of their personalities and you remember to keep this pleasure as part of your lives.. Be careful that this funny banter doesn't turn into making fun of each other which leads to hurt feelings and unwise teasing.
Learn the boundaries between having fun and having fun at someone's expense. That will help your kids not only enjoy family life but give them the skills for making good friends.
A good sense of humor can follow you throughout your life giving you a keen perspective on unnecessary struggles. It can ease the tension when there are unexpected changes in your and your kids' lives.
It's really not so easy to be very funny. Comics will tell you that they work hard at pleasing their audiences. But we don't have to be expert stand-up comics to enjoy each other. Be careful it doesn't turn into a contest about who is the funniest. Then there could be sibling rivalry at who has the best or last laugh.
The idea is to find the time to keep things light by sharing an extra message of love with humor.