Being a true Harry Potter fan takes dedication -- after seven books, eight movies and one theme park, we still haven't had our fill. The entire franchise becomes an easy conversation topic, a way to escape real life and really, a badge of honor we wear around proudly. However there are a few of us that have found ourselves so entranced by J.K. Rowling's work that the wizarding world becomes less of a hobby and more a way of life -- we call them Muggles in denial.
No, being a Harry Potter fan doesn't make you a Muggle in denial. A Harry Potter fan can rattle off trivia and knows how to properly swish and flick a wand. But there are those of us whose passion for all things magical runs deeper than the surface -- and it infiltrates our everyday lives.
Here are the definitive signs that you're a Muggle in denial:
1. You've played with the idea of getting an owl as a pet.
2. When your letter from Hogwarts didn't come on your 11th birthday, you were fairly certain Dumbledore simply misplaced it.
3. Visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is on the top of your bucket list. And by that, I mean visiting a fourth time.
4. You can't count the number of wand-shaped items you've pretended were given to you by Ollivander.
5. Should a Dementor ever attack, you'd know exactly what your Patronus would look like.
6. When someone recommends a new book to read, you nod out of respect but know you'll be diving back into The Deathly Hallows instead.
7. You've tasted the earwax, dirt and vomit flavors of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans.
8. You're fairly certain you could convince anyone that Snape is the greatest literary character written of all time.
9. You're extremely loyal to your house you've been sorted into on Pottermore.
10. You genuinely care more about the Quidditch World Cup than the actual World Cup.
11. You were at Every. Single. Midnight. Premiere.
12. Your drink of choice is Butterbeer.
13. The most influential professor you had growing up was Professor McGonagall.
14. You refer to your bedroom as the Chamber of Secrets.
15. The only tattoos you've considered have been a lightning bolt or the Deathly Hallows sign.
16. You've attempted to speak Parseltongue more times than you're willing to admit.
17. Dueling with Voldemort is frequently the subject of your nightmares.
18. Your preferred methods of traveling are Floo Powder, a hippogriff, apparating or a broom. But you'll settle for a car.
19. You believe every weekend should be Harry Potter Weekend on ABC Family.
20. You have, on more than one occasion, attempted to summon objects using the Accio charm.
21. You've never mustered up the courage to actually speak the words "Avada Kedavra" out loud.
22. During tough times, you've found comfort in your three wizard friends and the never-ending joy that comes with J.K. Rowling's elaborate magical world.