Quick and easy shrimp scampi, sautéed in a light and delicate, garlic butter sauce: It's so good! Plus, have you jumped on the bandwagon with zoodles? They are noodles made from zucchini instead of using pasta. They work wonderfully with this recipe. Each serving has only 170 calories, 7 grams of fat and 4 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
2 large zucchini, cut into noodles (3 cups of zoodles) see prep tip below
2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light
2 teaspoons garlic, minced fine
⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
12 large shrimp, shelled and deveined (about ½ pound)
2½ tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
1½ tablespoons freshly lemon juice
2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Prepare the zoodles, see prep tip below. Place zoodles in a microwave-safe bowl and cook in microwave for about 2 minutes, until softened.
2. In the meantime, in a large nonstick pan, heat butter over medium-low heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
3. Add shrimp to pan and cook, stirring often, until they are cooked throughout and pink on all sides, about 2 minutes. Season shrimp with a little salt and pepper. Using a slotted spoon, transfer them to a bowl, leaving any liquid in the pan.
4. Increase heat to medium. To the same pan, add white wine and lemon juice. Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pan, cooking the wine and lemon juice for 2 minutes. Add the softened zucchini noodles and cooked shrimp. Toss to combine and heat about 30 seconds.
5. Divide the zoodles among 2 plates and spread out over plate. Top each with 6 shrimp. Sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
Makes 2 servings. Each serving 6 shrimp and ½ the zoodles.
To make zucchini noodles: Use a julienne peeler, mandolin or vegetable spiral, see shopping tips below.
You'll find many brands of spiral slicers to create zucchini noodles on both on Target.com, Amazon.com or at Bed, Bath and Beyond.
Weight Watchers (old points) 3
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 4
SKINNY FACTS: for 1 serving, 6 shrimp and ½ of the zoodles.
170 calories, 7g fat, 85mg chol, 11g prot, 13g carbs, 4g fiber, 265mg sod, 5g sugar
For more Skinny Kitchen recipes, please join me at: http://www.skinnykitchen.com
Follow Nancy Fox on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SkinnyKitchen
Follow Nancy Fox on Twitter: www.twitter.com/skinnykitchen
Follow Nancy Fox on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/skinnykitchen/