I feel strongly about the importance of the Christmas List. I mean, why not make it easier on your loved ones by telling them exactly what you want? So I'd like to send this out to the Pop Culture gods: a carefully considered and entirely possible collection of realistic requests. Please note, I've been very well-behaved this year.
All I want for Christmas is...
- Avatar to not suck
- Joss Whedon to create a kickass new TV show that doesn't get canceled within its first two seasons
- Booth and Brennan to totally just do it already on Bones
- a Nintendo Wii (and the new Super Marios Bros game)
- the Celtics to beat the Lakers in the NBA 2010 championship
- no more celebrities to publicly admit to torrid affairs (what they do on their own time is of no interest to me)
- Britney to get umbrella-wielding, shaved-head crazy again
- all the answers to all the questions I have about Lost
- my iPhone to stop dropping calls
- someone to pay off my credit card debt (not so much pop culture related, but I'd really appreciate it)
- Friday Night Lights to get some Emmy nominations
- People to stop doing Top Ten [insert arbitrary pop culture category here] of the Decade Lists
- Lady Gaga to put on some pants
- Blake Lively to put on some pants
- people to stop sending me Farmville invites on Facebook
- a clear answer on whether or not that Arrested Development movie is going to get made
- a Talking Heads reunion (never gonna happen, I know, but it can't hurt to ask, right? Right)
- Katie Holmes to stop letting her daughter wear heels, it's creepy
- athletes to stop doing performance enhancing drugs
- Megan Fox to go away
- Lindsay Lohan to go away
- Jon Gosselin to go away
- for not so many good TV shows to simultaneously air at 9pm Thursday nights, how about Tuesdays?
And I really want to go to Disneyland.