After multiple re-watchings of the Legally Blonde film series, we knew that sorority sisters enjoy dressing alike, but we never realized how strict the undergrad stylistas were! IvyGate received seven pages of the supposed dress code requirements for Pi Phi's Cornell chapter.
Some key takeaways:
- "Denim-legging" is appropriate as long as it's done right: aka, not from American Apparel and worn with chic, cool chunky boots over them and a longer top. NO camel toe.
- No: Muffin tops or extreme low rise!!
- Preferably no short sleeves--recommended: full coverage aka elbow length, 3/4 length, long, thin layers.
- Yes: Nice flats: Tory Burch. Boots: love...worn OVER pants.
- Yes: Shaved legs
- No: Satin. No one looks good in satin dresses unless its from Betsey Johnson or Dolce and Gabbana, you weigh less than 130 pounds, have 3 pairs of spanks on and it's New Years Eve.
- I'm not saying you have to be wearing the Harry Winston wreath for me to like it, but I am saying I will not tolerate any gross plastic shizzz. Remember: less is more.
- you best have a mani pedi when you get to Ithaca
- no fumpy!
Check out the full text of the fashion treatise courtesy of Fashionista: