So we thought it was high time to freshen things up a bit. Below we've rounded up 10 lesser-known quotes from poets, writers and thinkers who know a thing or two about finding the one.
2. "Soulmates aren’t the ones who make you happiest, no. They’re instead the ones who make you feel the most. Burning edges and scars and stars. Old pains and pangs, captivation and beauty. Strain and shadows and worry and yearning. Sweetness and madness and dreamlike surrender. They hurl you into the abyss. They taste like hope." - Victoria Erickson
4. “Finding someone you love and who loves you back is a wonderful, wonderful feeling. But finding a true soulmate is an even better feeling. A soulmate is someone who understands you like no other, loves you like no other, will be there for you forever, no matter what. They say that nothing lasts forever, but I am a firm believer in the fact that for some, love lives on even after we're gone.” - Cecelia Ahern
6. “There are moments, when you’re getting to know someone, when you realize something deep and buried in you is deep and buried in them, too. It feels like meeting a stranger you’ve known your whole life.” - Leah Raeder
8. "I have been searching my entire life, through every crack, under every rock, flipped the entire globe upside down, searching -- searching for something I've never seen. And in the darkest hour, I just gave up. And that's when you found me." - r.m. drake
10. “You were you, and I was I; We were two before our time. I was yours before I knew, and you have always been mine too.” - Lang Leav
Also on HuffPost: