Spinach Ricotta Pie
Watch full video recipe:
2 sheets of puff pastry (thawed out or fresh)
500g fresh ricotta
120g baby spinach (chopped)
2 x eggs
Salt & Pepper
Oil spray (Or baking paper to line the baking dish)
Round pie dish
1 x sharp knife
1 x fork
Large mixing bowl
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
2. Put the ricotta into the bowl and begin to break it down using a fork.
3. Add chopped baby spinach and a generous handful of grated pecorino cheese.
4. Mix together well and add a sprinkle of salt and pepper and a touch of nutmeg.
5. Add an egg and mix together once again.
6. Once the ingredients are mixed and the filling looks much creamier, it is ready.
7. Line a baking dish with one sheet of puff pastry and prick the bottom of it using a fork so it helps it to cook through.
8. Fill it using the ricotta mixture and even it out as much as you can using a spatula.
9. Cover the pie with another sheet of puff pastry, angling it so that the edges cover any gaps.
10. Create a crust by gently folding down the edges and joining the two layers together.
11. Press down around the edges using the teeth of a fork.
12. Beat an egg lightly in a small cup and add a drop of water.
13. Brush the egg mix over the top of the pie using a pastry brush.
14. Cook in the oven at 180 degrees celcius for 40 minutes or until golden.
How to serve:
1. Let the spinach ricotta pie rest and cool for up to ten minutes, then slice into triangular serves and place on a wooden board
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo's Plate...Enjoy!
This Spinach Ricotta Pie is best served with a nice Chicken Cacciatore: