Spinach Ricotta Pie
Watch full video recipe:
2 sheets of puff pastry (thawed out or fresh)
500g fresh ricotta
120g baby spinach (chopped)
2 x eggs
Salt & Pepper
Oil spray (Or baking paper to line the baking dish)
Round pie dish
1 x sharp knife
1 x fork
Large mixing bowl
1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
2. Put the ricotta into the bowl and begin to break it down using a fork.
3. Add chopped baby spinach and a generous handful of grated pecorino cheese.
4. Mix together well and add a sprinkle of salt and pepper and a touch of nutmeg.
5. Add an egg and mix together once again.
6. Once the ingredients are mixed and the filling looks much creamier, it is ready.
7. Line a baking dish with one sheet of puff pastry and prick the bottom of it using a fork so it helps it to cook through.
8. Fill it using the ricotta mixture and even it out as much as you can using a spatula.
9. Cover the pie with another sheet of puff pastry, angling it so that the edges cover any gaps.
10. Create a crust by gently folding down the edges and joining the two layers together.
11. Press down around the edges using the teeth of a fork.
12. Beat an egg lightly in a small cup and add a drop of water.
13. Brush the egg mix over the top of the pie using a pastry brush.
14. Cook in the oven at 180 degrees celcius for 40 minutes or until golden.
How to serve
1. Let the spinach ricotta pie rest and cool for up to ten minutes, then slice into triangular serves and place on a wooden board
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo's Plate...Enjoy!
Join my Culinary Tour "Italy Unexplored Tour" and experience the Real Italy like you have never seen before.
The tour is exclusive to only 10 passionate foodies and it's very unique. (Click here to get more details)
Tempted? Watch the video below and enjoy the sightseeing of the greenest region in Europe