Once a year when the Force is strong, my hometown is invaded by alien creatures, superheroes, and stars flocking to the greatest nerdified holiday of all: Comic-Con. In the spirit of this geek-fest we reflect upon the wisdom of the Jedis and that many of life's most important lessons can be gleaned by the real trilogy, Star Wars IV-VI, with the occasional anecdote of wisdom from I-III.
1. "Do or do not... there is no try." -- Yoda
You gotta commit and just go for it!
2. "Wars do not make one great." -- Yoda
Need Yoda say more?
3. "Luminous beings are we. Not this crude matter." -- Yoda
Be true to your luminous awesomeness.
4. "I find your lack of faith disturbing." -- Darth Vader
Surround yourself with people who are supportive and believe in you, otherwise you will want to choke them.
5. "Your eyes can deceive you, don't trust them." -- Obi-Wan Kenobi
What needs to be seen isn't always on the surface.
6. "Already know you that which you need." -- Yoda
Don't lie to yourself; you usually already know what the right thing to do is.
7. "Never tell me the odds." -- Han Solo
Don't let tough odds hold you back -- even if an asteroid field is hurling towards you and your odds of success are 3,720 to 1.
8. "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny."
Commit to your values and be true to yourself.
9. "Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking Nerf herder." -- Princess Leia to Han Solo
Don't discount that scruffy-looking kid -- he might turn out to be a hero.
10. "You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." -- Obi-Wan Kenobi
Don't be closed-minded; your "truth" isn't everyone else's.
11. "I can save him. I can turn him back to the good side. I have to try." -- Luke
Don't try to change him (maybe not what Luke was talking about but good advice for any girl).
12. "It's a trap." -- Admiral Ackbar
Don't get caught off guard; you never know if that battle station is fully operational.
13. "Your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me, only money." -- Watto
Sometimes we just gotta pay up.
14. "Impossible to see, the future is." -- Yoda
Don't stress about the far off future, instead work to make it the future you want.
15. "Who's the more foolish, the fool? Or the fool who follows him?" -- Obi- Wan Kenobi
Stand up for what you believe in, don't just follow along. They might be following an idiot.
16. "Yeah, I'm responsible now, the price you pay for being successful." -- Lando Calrissian
It all comes at a price; success and failure.
17. "Strike me down and I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." -- Obi- Wan Kenobi
Our greatest successes sometimes stem from overcoming obstacles and failures.
18. "All mentors have a way of seeing more of our faults than we would like. It's the only way we grow." -- Padme
Take your corrections in life and learn from them.
19. "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." -- Yoda
20. "Twilight is upon me, and soon night must fall. That is the way of things." -- Yoda
Seize the day and cherish the time you have with important people around you.