Watch video recipe:
1 kilo of clams (or Vongole, washed)
10 ripe cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
A bunch of fresh parsley (chopped)
Salt & Pepper
1 garlic clove (chopped)
½ glass white wine
Extra virgin Olive oil (evoo)
Fresh bread (2 slices per serve)
Medium size fry pan with lid
Mini saucepans to serve (optional)
1. To cook Steamed Clams, put the pan on the stove at a low heat and add a generous amount of evoo.
2. Once heated, add chopped garlic and cherry tomatoes to the pan and then mix together using a wooden spoon.
Vincenzo's Plate: If you like the strong flavour of garlic in your seafood dishes, chop up the parsley a little larger than normal and the flavour will infuse in the clams. If you prefer it a little less garlicy, throw a couple of small cloves in the mix with the skin still on and remove them before serving.
3. Add the clams, parsley and ½ glass of white wine before stirring well.
4. Shortly after, the wine will begin to evaporate and the clams will begin to open.
5. A few minutes later, squeeze some fresh lemon over the top and stir once again. Put the lid on top and leave it to heat up so that all the clam shells open. Once they do, remove the lid and add some salt and pepper.
6. Cover it for an additional 2-3 minutes or until all of the shells have opened.
How to Serve:
Serve the steamed clams in mini saucepans for added presentation, with crusty bread on the side..and ALWAYS remember to add some extra broth to each serving. You won't be able to resist soaking the bread in it while you scoop up the clams.
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo's Plate...Enjoy!