Stephen Colbert is down with Donald Trump hosting a daily radio show to connect with the American public amid the coronavirus pandemic, as the president reportedly was keen on doing at the start of the public health crisis.
But “The Late Show” host on Thursday suggested one teeny, tiny tweak to the format.
“Could we just lock him in a soundproof room for two hours a day and tell him he’s on the radio?” Colbert asked.
Check out Colbert’s full monologue here:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- What happens if we end social distancing too soon?
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How long are asymptomatic carriers contagious?
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Everything you need to know about coronavirus and grief
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
- Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.