This stunning short film explains why more than 300 Native American tribes, the largest gathering in history, have joined together to stop the Dakota Access Pipeline.
In the film, Native American Winona Duke proclaims: "Don't operate out of fear. operate out of hope. Because with hope, everything is possible.”
Eight things you can do to support the Standing Rock Sioux in stopping the Dakota Access Pipeline:
- Contribute to support the Standing Rock Sioux tribe.
- Contribute to the Sacred Stone Camp Legal Defense.
- Contribute to the Water Collector’s Legal Fund for protesters who get arrested here.
- Sign the petition to the White House to stop the pipeline.
- Sign this Change.org petition by Oceti Youth to stop the pipeline.
- Sign this Credo petition urging President Obama to stop the pipeline.
- Sign this MoveOn petition to Stop the Violence Against the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe.
- Learn about the Lakota People's Law Project's work for the Standing Rock protest in North Dakota here.
You can also sign this MoveOn petition to stop the state of South Dakota from forcing hundreds of Lakota children into foster care and group homes. For more about the oppression of Lakota Sioux families by the State of South Dakota, watch and share the Lakota People's Law Project video here: