- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 head curly kale, chopped
- 1 small head purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp. plain hummus
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. hemp hearts
- pinch chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the broccoli on a large rimmed baking sheet. Toss the florets with 1 Tbsp. oil, sea salt and pepper; toss and then roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, massage the remaining 1 Tbsp. oil with the kale until the kale is tender and smooth. Add the cabbage, tomatoes, roasted broccoli and hummus to the bowl, Garnish with parsley and hemp hearts. Add a pinch of chili powder, if desired and season to taste with sea salt and pepper. Serve.
Calling all HuffPost superfans!
Sign up for membership to become a founding member and help shape HuffPost's next chapter
This post was published on the now-closed HuffPost Contributor platform. Contributors control their own work and posted freely to our site. If you need to flag this entry as abusive, send us an email.