- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 head curly kale, chopped
- 1 small head purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp. plain hummus
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. hemp hearts
- pinch chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the broccoli on a large rimmed baking sheet. Toss the florets with 1 Tbsp. oil, sea salt and pepper; toss and then roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, massage the remaining 1 Tbsp. oil with the kale until the kale is tender and smooth. Add the cabbage, tomatoes, roasted broccoli and hummus to the bowl, Garnish with parsley and hemp hearts. Add a pinch of chili powder, if desired and season to taste with sea salt and pepper. Serve.
REAL LIFE. REAL NEWS. REAL VOICES.
Help us tell more of the stories that matter from voices that too often remain unheard.
This post was published on the now-closed HuffPost Contributor platform. Contributors control their own work and posted freely to our site. If you need to flag this entry as abusive, send us an email.