A manhunt is under way for a suspected eighth assailant in the Paris attacks.
Police found a black car containing AK47s abandoned in the eastern Paris suburb of Montreuil late Saturday, French media reported, citing judicial sources. The discovery suggests some of those involved in Friday's deadly attacks have eluded police. French authorities are now hunting for at least one additional participant.
The black SEAT Léon, a small hatchback sedan, was found with 3 automatic rifles in the back seat, the same type of weapons that witnesses described as being used in shootings carried out across Paris Friday evening. Several witnesses also said they saw a black car pull up in front of the locations where the attacks took place.
France bans most gun ownership, including the possession of assault weapons like Kalashnikovs. French authorities seized around 2,700 illegal weapons in 2010. An AK-47 sells for between 1,000 to 1,500 euros on the black market.
Read More Paris Coverage
- A Message Of Support For Muslims After Paris Attacks Is Lighting Up The Internet
- Syrians In Paris Look For Ways To Help
- Thousands Use #MuslimsAreNotTerrorist To Combat Islamophobia
- 10 Quotes That Summarize The Horror And Complexity Of Paris
- 20 People Found Refuge In A Famous Paris Bookstore During Attacks
- Parisians Show Solidarity And Strength From Paris To New York
- PHOTOS: World Reacts In Solidarity With Paris
- Colbert Chokes Up Talking About Attacks
- Army Football Team Brings French Flag Onto Field At West Point
- Stadium Attack Survivor Says Phone Saved His Life
- Read French Coverage At HuffPost France