Flying with kids. Some call it fun, but most call it a necessary evil.
As the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends parents withhold screen time from their children before the age of 2, here are 9 ways to keep your kids entertained in-flight. Yes, some of these are as old as you, but oldies are often goodies.
1. Bring some pots of eco-friendly dough with you. Easy to clean up, easy to transport. Win, win.
2. Masking tape. Basic. Yes, we know.
3. Find a portable water-based coloring book like Melissa & Doug Water Wow Coloring Books, Color Wonder books or Aquadoodle. Fill up the pen/drawing instrument when you get on the plane. The best part: It can't make a mess since it's just a bit of water (really).
4. Travel-size construction paper and Crayons. Sometimes, there's nothing better.
6. Koosh Balls. Yes, they are old. Yes, they rule.
7. Magna Doodle. You'll love rediscovering a childhood favorite with your child.
8. Finger puppets. This is for the more Pinterest-y mom, sure, but they're great fun.
9. Look out the window! Clouds are really beautiful from up high. Your child will hopefully be as awe-struck as you as you glance at the world below.