Someone added the hit ’90s show’s opening theme music over the Texas Republican’s “jokes” about how COVID-19 is transmitted in restaurants. The short clip has received a (virtual) standing ovation on social media.
Instagram user @juulmule_ created and posted the video online this week, they told HuffPost, because “memes are what makes the world go round.” It’s now been shared by multiple meme accounts.
Watch the video here:
And compare it to the original “Seinfeld” theme music here:
This story has been updated with the video creator’s comment.
A HuffPost Guide To Coronavirus
- Is it safe to see people who have gotten the coronavirus vaccine?
- What it means if your partner tests positive for COVID-19 but you don’t.
- How worried should you be about the new strains of coronavirus?
- The unexpected challenges of co-parenting during a pandemic.
- 19 things we took for granted pre-pandemic but now miss.
- Find all that and more on our coronavirus hub page.
As COVID-19 cases rise, it’s more important than ever to remain connected and informed. Join the HuffPost community today. (It’s free!)