ABC News senior national correspondent Terry Moran faced fierce blowback on Twitter late Monday for asking this question about former Vice President Joe Biden:
Biden, the presumptive Democratic 2020 nominee, wore a face mask while laying a wreath at Delaware Memorial Bridge Veterans Memorial Park on Memorial Day.
Critics turned the tables on Moran, suggesting it was a bad look for him to be posing such a question. Many people noted how Biden was adhering to Delaware’s state rules of wearing a mask in public — unlike President Donald Trump, who has repeatedly refused to wear a mask.
One Twitter user, author Don Winslow, described Moran’s question as “staggeringly stupid.”
“It’s not a fashion accessory. It literally saves lives,” Winslow tweeted.
Many others argued the same:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- 7 essential pieces of relationship advice for couples in quarantine
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How to tell if you need to start doing online therapy
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
- Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.