We all know the usual suspects: lose weight, exercise more, spend more time with the kids, read more, etc.
As a relationship expert I truly believe all success and happiness is built upon healthy relationships. And there is one New Year's Resolution that will build these relationships!
Resolve to magnetize yourself in the New Year. No -not like a superhero, but the type of person who appears to naturally draw people to themselves.
Magnetic people are easy to be around and just as importantly, they make everyone around them feel at ease - and good about themselves.
Interestingly, magnetic people are not usually the smartest, richest or best-looking people in the room, (whew - qualifying most of us). However they possess qualities where people gravitate towards them anyway.
You want to work with - and for - magnetic people.
You want magnetic people at your parties.
You want magnetic people as your friend.
And so does everybody else!
Because magnetic people possess and radiate a positive energy that naturally draws people to them.
What's the secret behind this magnetism?
A simple, yet rare quality: self-confidence (not to be confused with arrogance).
Since magnetic people possess self-confidence, they do not seek external validation. Their confidence comes from within. Therefore, they don't waste their time and energy seeking the applause of the crowd since they already have a sense of their self-worth.
Following are 7 qualities magnetic people exhibit that draw people towards them. Make these qualities your own to increase your happiness and success in the New Year!
1. RESPECT everyone. Magnetic people treat the janitor and the CEO with the same sincere respect all people deserve. It's a golden rule of life that many people have forgotten in their hurried lives and their search for more - of everything - power, money and what I like to call "stuff".
2. Laser Focus on People Rather than "Stuff" - Following on the heels of #1, magnetic people demonstrate a genuine interest in others.
They share their most precious commodity with you - their time - and they never make you feel as if you are wasting it. They ask you how you are -and they actually stop to wait and listen to your response. They express genuine concern for you.
3. Build Trust. Because magnetic people treat you with respect and give you their time, they build trusting relationships.
They express genuine concern about your concerns and interests - which encourage you to share more of your true feelings with them. Over time, these interactions build genuine relationships based on trust.
4. Inquire about YOU! Magnetic people don't babble on about themselves - they ask about you. They don't dominate a conversation with how successful and how smart they are. They are not trying to impress you. Rather, they are trying to get to know you and they demonstrate this interest by focusing the conversation on you.
5. Learn What Motivates You! Magnetic people know that different things motivate people. For example, some people crave attention and flattery while others prefer not to be spotlighted.
Magnetic people have the ability to pick up on the subtle clues people give out that tell you how they want to be treated and approached - making everyone around them feel comfortable.
6. Possess Integrity and Character. Magnetic people do the right thing at the right time - even when it is hard and even if no one is watching. These are the cornerstone traits of people with integrity and character.
Magnetic people do what they tell you they are going to do - without you having to follow-up with them. They also say what they mean and mean what they say. In other words, they are not full of bull.
Their integrity and character is demonstrated in their absolute refusal to engage in gossip or bad mouth others.
7. Smile. Magnetic people smile. We unconsciously gravitate towards people who smile because they make us feel good about ourselves. To read more about the value of smiling read this interesting article published in Neuroscience News: Click Here
During conversation, people naturally mirror the body language of the person with whom they are speaking, so who wouldn't prefer to speak with someone who is smiling?
If the only New Year's Resolution you make for 2016 is to magnetize yourself - success and happiness will be yours.
To learn more about Dr. Patty Ann visit: