With Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders on the rise, the GOP is in desperate need of an electable candidate. But as the field narrows to eight presidential hopefuls, the odds of finding a winner continue to worsen.
There isn't a single candidate among the eight Republicans debating tonight without major flaws from an electability standpoint. Here are the 8 biggest challenges facing the 8 leading conservatives:
1. Ben Carson has now been caught numerous times lying about his personal life.
2. Donald Trump is a former Democrat with absolutely zero elective experience.
3. Marco Rubio has the single worst voting attendance record in the Senate.
4. Ted Cruz remains unpopular, despite a strong performance in the last debate.
5. Jeb Bush lacks the confidence and respectable last name required to win.
6. John Kasich is better suited for the Democratic Party.
7. Carly Fiorina failed as CEO of Hewlett-Packard.
8. Rand Paul is little more than bait for the bullies at this point.