Inspired by conversations on the Food52 Hotline, we're sharing tips and tricks that make navigating all of our kitchens easier and more fun.
Today: You're likely going to buy some kale in January. Here are the best things to do with it.
Whether you're working on a very green resolution or you're simply trying to counteract a month-long sugar cookie hangover, January is a good time for kale. Once you buy a few bunches, make sure you know how to prep and cook them:
- Prep it right -- and don't forget to wash and dry it well.
- Don't throw your kale stems away -- here's how to use them up.
- First things first: Learn to sauté your kale.
- Kale salads aren't over -- they were never over! Here's how to perfect yours.
- Challenge yourself to eat kale for dinner all week. (Huge spoiler alert: It's actually quite easy.)
- Have we mentioned that kale salads aren't over? Here are 12 more.
- Turn it into pesto.
- If you've never made one of Food52's most popular recipes of all time, hop on the bandwagon: Make some Kale and Quinoa Pilaf.