Last week I received an email from a friend detailing the Trenchermen's upcoming burger specials. The one that immediately made my mouth water was their 420 burger. I figured that if a classy/foodie place like TM was serving up stoner snacks, there had to be other places in the city that were doing the same.
Here's the spots serving up the funnest fare (that you can enjoy on any splurge day, not just when the munchies hit):
1. The 420 Burger from the Trenchermen comes with grilled cheese buns, bacon, ranch and a walking taco
2. The Carrot Cake Macaron (aka a hunk of carrot cake can be found in the center of this giant macaron) from Maple and Ash
3. Any empanada (except the vegetable) from Lito's. This is the Al Pastor but I'm partial to the chori-cheese (chorizo, cheese and potatoes), the champiñon chicken and choco-banana.
4. Fried Oreo's from Lowcountry
5. Carbelicious at Green Street Local
6. Chicken and (Churro) Waffles with Pork Bell at MAD Social
7. Mac & Cheese Burger (Bun) from Rockit Burger Bar
8. Cookies delivered to your door until 3 a.m., via Insomnia Cookies
9. PB&J Bread Pudding French Toast from Beef & Barley