Does fashion follow politics?
With every politician invoking the need for change, the fashion industry seems to be capitalizing on it.
A rundown of the latest or what is soon to be the greatest trends--and why I love them.
1. Tie Dye. The fashion expression of freedom and creativity is back. And it's one of the fairest trends of all. No need to envy the pixie stick wearing a Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton number. Because this is one trend you can add your spin to it. Or make that rubber band. How to avoid looking like you're a tourist or hippie?
2. Punk hair. Not mohawks. It's more of the strands of fuchsia, hot pink, and violet hair. I'm thinking it's a great way to cover up frizzies or excuse my bad hair days. Manic Panic, anyone? It's sooo... Vivienne Westwood!
3. Bonding with women over political picks and not shoes. It's become the cocktail fodder of choice amongst the most stylish.
4. Beads! Beads! Think love beads. Ain't nothing stone cold about them.
5. Cut-off jean shorts. Buying two sizes up in jeans sans guilt? It's just what everyone could use. The only annoying part is that you still have to shave your legs.
6. Headscarves. Rain and humidity can get to your head.
7. Pink slips. Hopefully, it's only going to be of the silk variety.