Location: New York City
Position Type: Full Time
About the Role:
Do you love podcasts and storytelling? Join HuffPost’s growing audio and podcast team.
We are looking for someone with audio editing chops and editorial sensibilities. The Associate Audio Editor will be in charge of taking HuffPost Podcast episodes from tape to polished shows. Reporting to the Senior Producer and working closely with the SP, Audio Engineer and Hosts, the Associate Editor will be in charge of assisting with recordings and field recordings; editing episodes and feature stories; helping to steer episode development and execution; and overseeing research. The Associate Editor will help hone our existing shows, and shape the future of our young program.
- Participate in editorial planning for podcast shows and feature stories
- Edit interviews and create rough cuts, second cuts and final cuts for Senior Producer and host feedback
- Work closely with the Senior Producer in story selection and cutting shows to time
- Perform production tasks including writing, editing, reporting, booking and arranging logistics, as needed
- Work on other special projects and duties
- Some administrative tasks, as needed
- B.A/B.S or equivalent
- 2 years experience working in audio production, preferably on podcasts or public radio
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Audition
- Working knowledge of audio recording techniques and hardware
- Previous experience developing stories from script to final edit
- Extreme attention to detail
- Can quickly pivot to change focus or daily process as projects grow and change
- Ability to collaborate within a small group
- Appreciation of podcasts
Interested? Send your resume along with examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Huffington Post Media Group is an AOL company. AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, commentary, entertainment, features and lifestyle content, as well as a platform for a highly engaged community of opinion and conversation. With nearly 130 million unique visitors each month (comScore), it is the largest news site in the US. The site has more than 85,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real time on the subjects about which they are most passionate. HuffPost is a global publication, with editions in the UK, Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, Maghreb, Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Greece and India and more on the way, including Australia.