Location: New York City
Position Type: Full Time
About the Role:
We are looking for a virally-minded content creator that has masterful knowledge of the Internet and is seeking to explore its boundaries even further. Inherent curiosity and a wide range of interests is a must, as is a deep understanding of multiple platforms, from social outlets to messaging apps. The candidate will be a true self-starter who thinks about the strategy behind everything they do. The candidate will be a brainstorm pro with the ability to execute on their ideas in an independent manner as well as take direction and run with it. The candidate will produce multiple pieces of content a day, prove their hypotheses and learn from analyzing data.
- Create multiple pieces of content daily with clear strategy behind decisions
- Experiment with and create hypotheses involving initiatives that touch every corner of the newsroom
- Participate in out of the box brainstorms to hypothesize potential products, formats and content types that will expand our audience
- Work closely with with newsroom editors to understand needs and existing gaps, to develop content areas and products that are in line with HuffPost’s DNA
- Collect data and insights throughout and at the close of each project to gauge success
- Work with content teams across the site to relay findings and successes in an actionable way
- Provide insights about industry trends
Requirements for success:
- Ability to think critically, quickly and out of the box to turn hunches into site wide strategies and solutions.
- Can quickly pivot to change focus or daily process as projects grow and change
- Native to new and emerging platforms
- Must have a technical and analytical mindset and able to translate data into insight combined with recommendations
- Must have knowledge and awareness of industry innovation and advancements
- Can work adeptly across functions: editorial, product, analytics, social
- Swift, calm, and alarmingly efficient
Interested? Email a resume and a paragraph explaining why this position excites you to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Associate Editor, HuffPost Labs" in the subject line.
Huffington Post Media Group is an AOL company. AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, commentary, entertainment, features and lifestyle content, as well as a platform for a highly engaged community of opinion and conversation. With nearly 130 million unique visitors each month (comScore), it is the largest news site in the US. The site has more than 85,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real time on the subjects about which they are most passionate. HuffPost is a global publication, with editions in the UK, Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, Maghreb, Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Greece and India and more on the way, including Australia.