Location: New York, NY
Position Type: Full Time
About the role:
The Huffington Post is looking for accurate, fast story editors to handle line and copy edits department-wide -- reviewing text, videos, graphics and social media content. Ideal candidates will be just as comfortable with breaking news as they are with in-depth features. This position will require editing a broad range of text and visual materials, so editors should have a wide knowledge base and be a quick study. The candidate should also have a passion for covering community issues such as LGBT rights, feminism, race relations, and religion in a smart, accurate way. These editors will have impeccable news judgment, high editorial standards, a strong sense for story structure and a firm grasp of grammar and AP style.
- Three or more years of copy editing experience
- Superior headline-writing skills, and a knack for knowing exactly the kind of headline and visual element will make a story go viral
- A voracious media diet and a strong familiarity with national and international news
- Familiarity with web writing, SEO and AP style
- An ability to work independently and be comfortable doing so at a fast pace
- Superior communication skills
- Edits 5-7 stories a day for the Voices Department
- Works with writers to conceptualize stories
- Works with writers and vertical leads to package and publish stories in an effective and timely manner
Interested? Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "News Editor" in the subject line.Huffington Post Media Group is an AOL company. AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 214 million unique visitors per month (comScore, global multiplatform, January 2015). The site has almost 100,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects about which they are most passionate. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, Maghreb, Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Greece, India and the Arabic world. The Huffington Post is part of AOL Inc.